Quantity surveying firm based in Northampton, specialising in quantity surveying and project management in residential and commercial projects.
The role is for a senior quantity surveyor/commercial manager who has experience running quantity surveying departments and has previously aided department growth. The individual will require the expertise to carry out the relevant quantity surveying tasks as well as working with existing clients and working on business development in order to grow the department.
Experience / Knowledge
- Quantity Surveying background in residential and commercial projects.
- At least five years’ experience in a similar quantity surveying roles.
- Experience in all aspects of quantity surveying including pre and post contract duties
- Takes offs
- Bills of quantities
- Cost planning
- Tender analysis
- Valuations and variation management
- Budget reporting
- Final accounts
- Familiar with SMM7, NRM3 and major forms of measurement methods.
- Conversant in all major forms of contract e.g. JCT.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office.
- Has experience using other forms of taking off and estimating software.
- Team player looking to work in a small local consultancy firm.
- An individual looking to progress to potential director level.
- Someone wants to grow the department with excellent potential for bonuses based on performance and new business.
The Job Role
- To set up files upon receipt of enquiries, both electronically and paper completing any further filing/addendums as they arise.
- To produce pre-contract tasks including take-offs, bills of quantities, cost planning and contracts.
- To complete and maintain archives.
- Significantly interfaces with all supply chain members from both suppliers and subcontractors on all aspects associated with tenders from enquiry to contract award.
- To chase supplier, sub-contractor and manufacturer quotations.
- To maintain enquiry quotation register per contract.
- To maintain interaction with clients, contractors and sub-contractors.
- To answer incoming telephones, taking message and managing emails.
- Carrying out post-contract roles including valuations, variations, final accounts and management of the project budget.
- Carry out all the required reporting to clients and in-house reporting.
- Business development.
- Good understanding of the Building, Construction and Quantity Surveying
- Highly organised and able to plan and prioritise
- Analytical and accurate
- Excellent communicator and able to build and maintains excellent working relationships
- Computer literate
- Able to work under pressure
- A minimum 5 years’ experience as a Quantity Surveyor
- Quantity Surveying related degree/qualifications
- Possible MRICS membership
- Ability to control numerous projects at any one time
- Able to deal with tough negotiations and pressures of fast paced environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to communicate with clients and colleagues
- First class time management skills
- Practical team player with a hands-on style
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Attention to detail
- 22 days holidays, plus bank holidays
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension scheme
- Company phone
- Coaching and personal development sessions (individual’s preference)
- Training and development scheme