Quantity Surveying and Estimating firm based in Northampton, specialising in bills of quantities, taking off, tendering, estimating and cost planning.
The role is an office based role to carry out take offs, bills of quantities, cost plans and tenders for our client base which includes contractors, sub-contractors, developers and private clients.
Experience / Knowledge
- Possible PQS background.
- Possible main contractor background.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar estimating role.
- Experience in taking off and pricing residential projects.
- Experience in doing take offs for residential new builds.
- Experience in doing estimates for residential new builds.
- Familiar with SMM7, NRM3 and major forms of measurement methods.
- Conversant in all major forms of contract, particularly JCT.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Has experience using other forms of taking off and estimating software.
- Team player looking to work in a growing estimating firm.
The Job Role
- Overseeing the estimating department including liaising with new and existing clients.
- Authorising and cross checking junior/assistant estimators work prior to submission.
- Significantly interfaces with all supply chain members from both suppliers and subcontractors on all aspects associated with tenders from enquiry to contract award.
- To chase supplier, sub-contractor and manufacturer quotations.
- To maintain enquiry quotation register per contract.
- To complete estimating tasks and answer relevant queries regarding the estimate provided.
- To undertake any other general support and administration duties as will be required from time to time.
- To provide support and assistance to colleagues in peak periods.
- Good understanding of the building industry.
- Highly organised and able to plan and prioritise.
- Analytical and accurate.
- Excellent communicator and able to build and maintains excellent working relationships.
- Computer literate.
- Able to work under pressure.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Estimator.
- Experience working with a comparable consultancy.
- Relevant estimating qualifications.
- Ability to control numerous projects at any one time.
- Able to deal with tough negotiations and pressures of fast paced environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to communicate with clients and colleagues.
- First class time management skills.
- Practical team player with a hands-on style.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Attention to detail.
- 22 days’ holidays, plus bank holidays.
- Outstanding bonus scheme based on individual performance and company targets.
- Pension scheme.
- Company phone.
- Coaching and personal development sessions (individual preference).
- Training and development schemes.